Herdt Home Inspections has served Florence and the Greater Pee Dee
since 1988. Roger Herdt personally performs all inspections and is licensed
by South Carolina as a Home Inspector (license #6) and a Residential
Builder (license #10019). Being a licensed builder allows Roger to make
determinations on needed repairs (degree of damage) that a home inspector
is not allowed (under state regulations) to make. However, no repairs or
improvements on any inspected property can be performed by the home
inspector or a company in which he has a fiscal interest for a period of one
year. Therefore, no repairs will be performed by Herdt Home Inspections.
Roger holds the designations of Certified Home Inspector and Master
Home Inspector from the SC Association of Home Inspectors (over 10,000
inspections performed). He has served as President (2 terms) and Secretary
(10 terms) of that organization along with being a Founding Member.
He is also a member of the American Society of Home Inspectors and
is a Certified Inspector (#248493). He serves as Secretary of the SC
Chapter (4 terms).
Roger has served on the SC Residential Builders Testing Board and is
involved in State Standards and Ethics review.
All reports are transmitted via e-mail, fax or deposited with US Mail
within 12 hours of inspection and are in narrative format to allow for easier
understanding of terms and conditions. Consultations and re-inspections on
short notice are available to facilitate closing of sales and verification of
- Serving Pee Dee area of SC with full time home inspection business (not part time or a hobby) since 1988.
- Master Home Inspector/Certified Inspector from SC Assoc. of Home Inspectors
- Certified Home Inspector/American Society of Home Inspectors
- Founding Member SC Assoc. of Home Inspectors
- Past Pres. SCAHI
- Current Sec. SCAHI and SC Chapter of ASHI
- Over 20 formal (not online) Continuing Ed. credits per year
- Fully Insured/E&O and Liability